The race bib colors indicate the races in which participants are successfully registered. Participants should run in the designated race. No result or Finisher Certificate will be issued to participants who started in a different race.
- During the race, participants should ensure that their race bibs are put on their chest area and can be clearly seen by race officials at all times.
- Do not cover the race bibs with jackets. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify those who fail to comply.
- Please use the 4 pins in the Race Pack to attach the bib on your chest with the bib number facing out.
- Baggage tags have been distributed to participants in the race pack.
- Baggage tags are divided into three types: 3km, 10km and 21km.
- Please tie your baggage tag to your personal belongings.
Baggage Storage Reminders
- Participants are required to use the baggage tag provided and can only store one bag. Your bag can be stored at and collected from the Baggage Storage Area at the Start/Finish Area.
- Drop bag time for 10km and Super Hero Run Participants: 7:00am – 8:45am.
- Drop bag time for Half Marathon Participants: 7:00am – 8:15am.
- Volunteers will help you retrieve your bags at the Baggage Storage Area at the Finish Area.
- Participants should collect their bags with the bib in person.
- Please do not leave any valuables in your baggage. The Organizers are not responsible for any loss or damage to any item in your baggage.
*Details to be announced later.
The timing chip is integrated into the back of race bib and please do not bend the chip.
Participants are required to run across the timing mats at the Start/Finish Point and designated areas. The Organizers will not be able to provide race completion time in case of improper wearing or damage of the bib, or failure to run across the timing mats.
Race Bib Distribution
- No race bib will be issued on the race day. An administration fee of $200 will be charged for every re-issued race bib.
- Participants should assess whether or not they are physically fit to take part in the race and should consult medical advice from doctors if they are in doubt of their health condition prior to taking part in the race. If participants feel sick during the race, they should approach race officials for assistance immediately.
- Due to the limitations of the road capacity, additional manpower will be deployed to assist participants along the route to ensure the safety of participants. Please follow the instructions given by race officials during the race.
- Due to the traffic on the race route, participants should be cautious when crossing all roads and should not put on headphones or listen to music during the race.
- For safety reasons, participants should not stop to take photos or selfies during the race.
Start Time & Cut Off Time
To ensure races are conducted in a smooth and orderly manner, each race will have a designated Start Time and our race officials reserve the right to stop latecomers from joining the race.
|Race Category||Half Marathon||NWS Hero Cup
|10km||NWS Hero Cup
|Super Hero Experience Run
|Starting Area Entry Time||8:00am||8:00am||8:45am||8:45am||8:45am|
|Cut Off Time||8:45am||8:45am||9:15am||9:15am||9:15am|
|Time Limit||4 Hours||4 Hours||3 Hours||3 Hours||1 Hour|
In order to facilitate a smooth start, the starting zone is divided into three parts according to race finishing time. Participants should choose a starting zone based on their estimated finishing time.
|Projected Finishing Time||Under 2 hours||2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes||2 hours and 30 minutes to 4 hours|
|Pacers||/||2 hours||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Projected Finishing Time||Under 1 hour||1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes||1 hour and 30 minutes to 3 hours|
|Pacers||/||1 hour||1 hour and 30 minutes|
Baggage Storage Arrangement
Participants are required to store their baggage according to the designated areas and time:
|Race Category||Baggage Storage Area||Baggage Storage Time||Race Start Time|
|Half Marathon||Pak Tam Chung P.H.A.B. BBQ Site||7:00am to 8:15am||8:30am|
|NWS Hero Cup (Half Marathon)||7:00am to 8:15am||8:30am|
|10km||7:00am to 8:45am||9:00am|
|NWS Hero Cup (10km)||7:00am to 8:45am||9:00am|
|Super Hero Experience Run (3km)||7:00am to 8:45am||9:00am|
Bad Weather Arrangement
NWS Geo Hero Run will be canceled if the no. 3 or above typhoon signal, red or black rainstorm warning signal is in force at 0:00 on the event day (8 December 2018). Please stay tuned with the updates on the NWS Geo Hero Run event website and RunOurCity Facebook page.
Public Liability Insurance is covered by the Organizers. Participants are advised to purchase their own insurance if necessary.